Every year, I bet you get Christmas Cards that just have a simple ‘Merry Christmas’ in them? Almost every single one, no doubt. It’s the thought that counts, of course. But, wouldn’t it be nice to receive or send the odd one with a funny, heartfelt or extra-festive message in?
With Christmas less than 9 weeks away, we’re already seeing a massive demand for Christmas Cards. Almost a billion of them will be sent in the UK alone this year, with the average Brit sending 16 to friends and family.
In a recent Facebook poll we ran, 67% of respondents said that receiving a card was more important to them than receiving a gift. Some of our Facebook followers even said they kept every card they’d ever received:
“I’ve kept every single card I’ve received since I was a baby (27 now). I’ve got two massive boxes full of them at my Mum’s” – Hannah (Facebook)
With Christmas creeping up fast, have you got your Christmas Cards ready to send out? Today, we’re throwing down the festive gauntlet to you: Go beyond the standard ‘Merry Christmas’ in cards you send to friends and family.
Heartfelt Messages to Write in Christmas Cards
- A little smile, a word of cheer, A bit of love from someone near, A little gift from one held dear, Best wishes for the coming year.
- May this Christmas be filled with lots of gifts, but more importantly lots of love from the ones that matter most.
- Christmas spells out love, hope and joy. Pass it on to everyone in your life. Have a great Christmas.
- Love, joy and peace are the ingredients for a wonderful Christmas. We hope you find them all festive season. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!
- If anyone deserves the best Christmas they’ve ever had, it’s you.
Funny Christmas Card Messages
- I hope you like and appreciate this card. Because I haven’t got you a gift.
- Santa has the right idea. Visit people once a year. See you next year.
- What do you call a child who won’t sit on Santa’s lap? Claustrophobic!
- Money’s scarce. Times are hard. All you’re getting this Christmas is this card.
- Card messages aren’t really my thing. All the best.
- I’m writing a unique and personal message in each of my Christmas cards this year. So for you, I’d like to say: ‘Whomever you are, Merry Christmas to my friend/family person who is really special.’
- I remembered to send you a card this year, so no need to get your tinsel in a tangle.
Personalised Christmas Cards
With over 150+ customisable Christmas Card designs available at Truprint, priced from just 75p per card, you’re bound to find the perfect Personalised Christmas Cards for sending to family and friends. Add a festive family photo to make sending someone Christmas wishes extra special this year!
View our full range of Christmas Cards here.